Aymara – Peruvian cuisine in Oslo
The Latin American restaurant boom in Oslo, as the newspaper Aftenposten called it, begins withAymara opening it’s doors yesterday – Tuesday the 4th of November in Parkveien 64 near Solli. Piscoteket is to follow on Thursday the 20th of November. Table is booked for that too, and we are excited to compare the two places.
It’s Delicatessen’s Rodrigo Belda which now opens Oslo’s first Peruvian restaurant. Rodrigo explains that they are importing a lot of ingredients from Peru, as well as Peruvian beer and Pisco.
You should go here for:
– the cocktails! Pisco Sour, Yuzu my Way and Manzanita.
– the tiraditos! A variation of ceviché. Acid heaven.
– the inka art on the wall from artist Chris Reddy.
– the comfy, retro, mustard colored chairs.
– the solid wood bar counter where you can sit down an enjoy a cocktail and a few dishes if you’re just dropping by.
– the chicharron! My god, the chicharron… Soft, fatty, slow cooked pork with a crusty outside.
– “Inka chocolate”. Chocolate cream, sorbet, “earth” and dehydrated mousse together with a lime curd. Textures, flavors… Yum!
Leave a Reply.
Here you can find all the restaurants I visit and frequent. From Berlin to Helsinki and from Oslo to Lima.